Remodeling Your Kitchen With Soapstone
Homeowners who want an exquisite and exclusive product in their home are choosing soapstone countertops over granite and other natural stone surfaces.
Advantages of Using Soapstone
- Soapstone does not stain.
- Soapstone counters are not harmed by hot pots, citrus, wine, acids or chemicals.
- The only maintenance recommended, not required, is the mineral oil treatment to enhance the natural darkening process the stone goes through and to ensure the soapstone darkens evenly. Mineral oil is not recommended to protect the soapstone, it does not need protection since it is naturally non- porous.
Cleaning your soapstone tops can be done with any of the common household cleaners, no need to buy special sealants or other “hard to find” often harsh chemicals.
- The cost of soapstone is comparable to other natural stones.
- Soapstone can be offered in a variety of different textures, unlike most other natural stones that are only available with a high polished finish. Some clients like the stone to feel rougher to the touch, others like it a little smoother and some like it in between, we can please all tastes by re-finishing the top of the slabs, at no additional cost.